Tuesday, May 16, 2006

spinning & Spaten

I've taken up spinning again. I realize I don't have the discipline to do any sort of exercise on my own, and I need something besides seeing my beloved Ray twice a week, so happy to find a class I can (sort of) commit to. That and the women's locker room at the 16th St NYSC is practically a ghost town after work. Perfect.
After last night's class I braved the rain to meet Jesse at Lederhosen, a strange little Bavarian-style bierhaus whose website promises "Genuine German Goodness" - and I suppose delivered, though the American waitress seemed puzzled when Jesse requested she bring out her favorite schnitzel, as she had never tried any of them. Hmm.
They did however have a fine selection of vom fass, including the delicious Spaten. Fortunately for me (as I had to be at the gym by 7am today) they offer only the lager on tap, which at 5.2% alcohol is relatively strong but pales in comparison to the Spaten "Optimator," which weighs in at a staggering 7.2% (I'll save that one for balmy nights at the beer garden.)
I awoke to more rain and an overwhelming desire to stay in bed all day.

No comments: