Friday, November 24, 2006

'tis the season

...for detoxing. Fa lalalala lala la la.
Today starts Detox Part Two, a repeat of the 2-week cleansing we did back in October that left me 7lbs lighter and feeling pretty great. Since then we've been in "moderate" mode, which has worked out OK save a couple of exceptions, but nothing too crazy, and even on Thanksgiving I managed not to stuff myself. The goal this time is 5lbs, doable, and I've got the beach (and parasailing!) to look forward to.
To kick it off we made the Black Friday pilgrimage to Roosevelt Field, where I found a fantastic coat (which will fit better once winter really hits). The mall was strangely quiet, more like a regular Saturday than the "biggest shopping day of the year" -- but we weren't complaining.
I didn't find gifts for anyone on my list (in browse mode today), but there's plenty of time for that (or so I say now). I had a good time just walking around, and it took my mind off the sudden absence of sugar(plums) from my life.

No comments: