I'm traveling on business, attending a conference with a coworker but I'm basically alone, as I opted not to stay at the bland conference hotel (though it does have a pool) but rather a boutique hotel across town. The Hotel Rouge is pretty awesome, and not only is the room *huge* but they take the name quite literally -- everything is red, from the leather headboard to the velvet drapes to the red shaded lamps. I'm surrounded by red, which gives it a sort of bordello-y feel, a nice change from my usual color palate.
The leopard print bathrobe rocks, too.
Tonight I took advantage of Restaurant Week (perfect timing) and checked out Dupont Grille, a neighborhood place with great food and a friendly bartender, and walking distance from the hotel. Tomorrow is all work, but good to have some time away from the office to actually think about your job, and tomorrow night we're invited to a dinner at Marrakesh Palace, which should be interesting.
Time to sleep...

No comments:
Post a Comment